Vasant Panchami is a Hindu festival that is celebrated on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha of Magh Maas. This year, Vasant Panchami will be celebrated on Thursday, January 26th, 2023. The day is dedicated to the Hindu Goddess Saraswati who is the goddess of knowledge and wisdom.
Vasant Panchami is an important festival of Hindus and Sikhs that marks the beginning of preparations for the spring season.On this day, people wear yellow clothes to signify the color of spring and people offer prayers and offerings to Goddess Saraswati in order to gain her blessings and seek her guidance in all their endeavors.
Worship Goddess Saraswati, who is considered to be a deity of knowledge, music, arts and culture. This festival also marks the birthday of Saraswati and devotees offer prayers to her in order to seek her blessings. People also visit temples dedicated to her or perform special puja rituals at home in order to get her blessings. The use of yellow color on this day symbolizes joy and happiness as well as a sign of hope for a better future.
Performing Saraswati Puja 2023 at home
- The morning routine of cleaning, bathing and puja begins with an early awakening.
- She applies a paste of haldi (turmeric) and neem all over your body before bathing as the Goddess prefers the color yellow. You can dress in yellow clothes or yellow tones.
- Place a statue of Saraswati on her altar or in her puja area.
- First, place a clean white or yellow cloth on a table or stool. Hold the idol there in the middle. Also, keep an idol of Lord Ganesha next to the Goddess.
- Keep your books, journals, musical instruments, or any other creative items next to the table or stool, depending on what’s available.
- Decorate a plate with flowers, rice, kumkum and haldi. Give each deity the same.
- To make a burnt offering of incense to the gods, light a Diya.
- Recite the Saraswati Puja chant after performing Aarti while keeping your eyes closed and palms joined at the center of your chest.
- Give each his share of the prasad when the rites are complete.